Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hornet Sting Pain Vanishes with EFT

Yesterday, I was in a hurry to get to town for an appointment. As I reached into my country mailbox, I saw a hornet in the back, which is not unusual. The moment I picked up the mail I felt an “electric” shock on the side of my hand. One of those damn hornets must have stung me. I was running on a deadline to get to town, and needed to drive. I usually use essential oils for insect bites, but I had forgotten to carry my oils with me that day. Though my hand now throb with pain, I felt as though I had to keep driving on a twisty, curvy, country road. So, I thought of doing EFT! It wasn’t appropriate to use both hands and tap on my karate chop point because I had to pay attention to the road. I was able to drive with one hand on the steering wheel, and rub on my sore spot on my chest.

My set-up phrases included:
•Even though I got stung by a damn hornet, and it hurts like hell, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
•Even though I hate it that I got stung by a damn hornet, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
•Even though there is a feeling like an electric shock on the side of my hand, I deeply and completely love and accept myself!


Then I tapped on my different meridians, saying my reminder phrase, “damn hornet sting” (sometimes I said damn with emphasis). By the time I had tapped on my eyebrow point, and the side of the eye point, I could feel the sting lessening. By the tme I completed one round of tapping the pain had become barely noticeable.

Like Gary says, try EFT on everything. By the way, when we got to our destination, I couldn’t tell exactly where the hornet had stung me. There was no red spot, no swelling, nothing at all except a fading memory.

No comments: