Friday, September 19, 2008

How to stop pigging out



Recently I heard that from now through the rest of the year a large part of the population gains 10 pounds. WOW!!! The days are getting shorter, and the nights are getting longer. Then there is Halloween... then Thanksgiving and all of the stuffing. And if that wasn't enough--then comes the Christmas season. Finally there's, the New Year's celebrations. With all of these events comes celebrating with our friends and family with lots of food and sometimes alcohol. Shew, just thinking about it gives me a stomachache.

But wait, there is something that you can do! Tada--EFT. If you haven't used EFT to eat less, then you are missing out on an extra powerful use of this valuable tool.

How would you start? With EFT this is no one cookie cutter answer for every single person. However, one way would be to first tap on your unwillingness to miss out on any of the goodies that may be coming your way through the rest of the year.

You could tap on your karate chop point, saying:

Even though:

* my inner child doesn't want to give up any goodies--ever, I deeply and completely love and accept myself
* there is a part of me that feels like I deserve all of the goodies that are offered to me, and I don't want to say "no" to any of them...
* no one can make me not eat any of the goodies that I have been looking forward to all year...
* there is a part of me that feels that I don't want to control myself around any of the treats that are going to be available the rest of the year...

If your inner child is anything like mine, she feels like she deserves it ALL. Oh yeah, you might want to add at the end of one or more of the above statements:

* I forgive myself for pigging out in the past
* I forgive myself for being out of control with goodies and treats--I really was doing the best I could at that time

I would love for you to make comments. Sometimes I feel like no one is out there (and I know that you are).

With love and respect for where you are on your path to respecting your body and how you are with food.

Gratefully yours,

JoAnn

No comments: