Friday, October 20, 2006

I am Unplugging from my Food Cravings

Catherine Behan’s class on Wednesday was great!

Some of issues that have surfaced for me since her class have been
(and I tapped on all of these issues and others, too):

• Food=Love
• Rich homemade desserts=mother love (my mother showed her love that way--daily)
• Candies=grandma's love (she had an open bowl--we could take as much as we wanted)
• Chocolate=daddy's love (I was Daddy's good little girl--I felt like he loved me the most and that I deserved all of his love)

Something else that has come up has to do with being full:

• Fullness=contentment
• Food=the big tit that I never got and could never get enough of
• My mom fed me on a schedule and so when I would eat it would be like I was starving to death and I would eat as quickly and as much as I could

I have been positively tapping on:


• Love is more than food
• Love is here right now even if I am hungry
• I am OK even if I am not stuffed full of food
• There are many other ways to feel love and experience pleasure besides food

My appetite is much lighter than usual. I am also working on eating more consciously and more slowly. I feel that my chocolate addiction has been reduced incredibly. I have a piece of one of my favorite chocolate candy bars that I have shared with my husband (in the past I usually would hide it for myself and pig out on it, until it is all gone). I still have a piece of that candy bar that I haven’t eaten (that is hard to believe)!

I am flying to San Diego to be with my family tomorrow. My family has centered around delicious food. It will be interesting to see the triggers that will be coming up while I am there.

No comments: