Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Only One Tiny Bite of Chocolate and That Was All


Last Wednesday, I took my first EFT tele-class called Unplug Food Cravings--
Turbo Charge The Journey To Your Ideal Weight by Catherine Behan. It was a free, introductory one-hour class. I liked it so much, that I decided to take Cat’s four one-hour tele-classes on dealing with food cravings for only $99. It starts, on Wednesday, October 18 from 5:30-6:30.

Now, if you knew me, you would know that I have struggled with being a chocoholic for as long as I can remember. I feel that in doing just one hour of EFT on my food cravings that I have got a start on getting in control of my extreme craving of chocolate. I will always love it, but it will no longer run me!

Below is what I wrote to Catherine, a couple of days after taking her class.

The chocolate bar that I had taken a tiny piece from during
your class on last Wednesday (and it was remarkable that
I could take about 1/8 of a teaspoon of it and put it in my
mouth and eat it--without eating any more!!!!)

Night before last, I shared as much as my husband wanted
of that same small candy bar. I had some, too. In fact, there
is still some left. Usually, I don't like to share my best
chocolate, and I have to eat it all. I am reframing that to
"it is easy for me to share what I love. There is more
available. I don't need to eat it all myself. And it is Ok
for me to eat it, too. However, I have control over my
life."

Last night, I bought a piece of chocolate cheesecake
from a gourmet market on the coast. I shared it with
my husband, and there is still some left over. Yahoo!!!

Cat, until the call with you the other night, I didn't
really get that when I was eating half a box of See's
candies that I was bingeing.

Also, I had a huge release yesterday, crying about
missing my grandma (who has crossed over a couple
of decades ago). I don't think that I had allowed myself
to cry of the loss of her in my life and how much
she meant to me. BTW, she gave me lots of candy...

No comments: