Friday, November 03, 2006

Releasing my Shame

This is an email that I sent to my friend and colleague, Catherine Behan, I have taken three of the four teleclasses, Being Diet Free. I certainly have curbed my cravings since taking her classes.
Dear Catherine,
While I was lying in bed this morning I decided to work on self-sabotage.

I used some Young Living essential oils:
  • I put Valor on the meaty parts of my thumbs (it helps me be courageous)
  • I put Three Wise Men on my crown chakra (to help it open)
  • I put Release on the meaty parts of my thumbs and on my sore spot (to help me release the tail-enders that no longer serve me


I wish that I would have had some kind of recording device going so that I could remember everything, but I will do my best to let you know what came up. It was
way beyond my craving for food and eating rapidly.

I sometimes rubbed on my sore spot and sometimes I tapped on my karate chop point--whatever I felt like in the moment.
  • Even though there is a part of me that knows my magnificence there isalso another part of me that is very shameful
  • Even though I know that I am a limitless being there is a part of me that gets in the way of my vastness
  • Even though I know that I am God/Goddess in form there is a part of me that is comfortable playing the victim role

I would rotate tapping:
  • I am a limitless being
  • And yet at times I am shamed filled
  • I am a light for others
  • And yet at times I feel shame for things that were done to me and that I have done
  • I am as vast as the universe
  • And I feel shame for things that my family members and ancestors have done
  • I am light filled and light is pouring out of me
  • And I have experienced my shadow deeply
  • I am whole and complete
  • And yet I have stagnated in self-pity
  • I am a limitless being
  • I am filled with light


I would use TAT (my thumb and ring resting close to my tear ducts, and
middle fingers resting on my third eye) to effortlessly come up with
other limiting beliefs to tap on.

Other limiting beliefs that came up:
  • Even though I know that I am filled with light I also know that I have been indoctrinated as a sinner
  • Even though I no longer participate in the religion that made me so wrong I still feel the sting of shame
  • Even though I no longer accept the teachings of that church I know that the scars of shame are deep


Then I alternated tapping:
  • I forgive myself for feeling shame
  • I forgive the church and its leaders for condemning me
  • I forgive myself for believing them
  • I know that I am a light
  • Even though I still feel shame
  • I am a limitless being
  • Even though I was taught that I was a sinner and that I was supposed to suffer
  • I am God/Goddess in form
  • I am a sinner
  • I am the light
  • I am the darkness
  • I am both the light and the dark
  • I am it All
  • And I know that I am at choice
  • To focus on the light
  • Or the darkness
  • I choose the Light
  • And let the darkness be
  • I am one with the Light
  • And I know it is so


Something else that came up for me when I did TAT:
  • Even though I don't have the time to do what needs to be done
  • Even though I am not good enough to do what I envision


Here is some of how I tapped:
  • Even though I come up with a lot of good ideas
  • I sometimes feel overwhelmed that I can't follow through with them
  • It is OK whatever I do
  • I am not wrong even though I sometimes feel wrong
  • Even though I say that I want to do more
  • It is OK to do what I do
  • I remember to be of love
  • And then the actions will follow
  • I am OK
  • Even though I feel not good enough
  • I am more than OK
  • I am a limitless being
  • I am a light that shines bright for others
  • I come back to this moment of perfection
  • I am One with the Light
  • I am One with All


This is part of what I remember.

Gratefully yours,

JoAnn


OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER: All information provided on this site is for educational and inspirational purposes only, and is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease. The decision to use, or not to use, any of this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. We recommend that you consult your licensed health care practitioner if you are dealing with an illness.

No comments: