Monday, July 07, 2008

How I Cleared a Food Aversion in 5 Minutes




On a recent hot summer morning, my husband, Steve, offered me some ripe, ice-cold, cantaloupe. He said, "Too bad you don't like cantaloupe. It doesn't get any better than this one." I remembered hearing about people clearing a food issue with EFT, so I thought I might as well try it. I had detested eating cantaloupe for as long as I could remember. My sister didn't like it either, which made me think that "something" happened while we were eating cantaloupe when we were girls.

The set-up phrases I used(while tapping on my karate chop point) were, Even though: I don't like the taste of cantaloupe, and I don't know why, I deeply and completely love and accept myself. I don't ever remember liking the taste of cantaloupe... my sister and I don't like the taste of cantaloupe... something may of happened while we were eating cantaloupe, and I don't remember what it was....

Then I did a round of tapping. For the reminder phrases I used: don't like cantaloupe, doesn't taste good; don't like the taste; don't ever remember liking the taste.

Then I took a taste of cantaloupe. It was cold, somewhat crisp, and felt good in my mouth. It didn't taste quite as bad as I thought it would, but I couldn't say that I liked it. So, I did some more set-up phrases while tapping on my karate chop point. Even though: cantaloupe has always tasted yucky to me... something happened to make it so I don't like the taste of cantaloupe, and I don't remember what it was... there is something about the aftertaste of cantaloupe I don't like....

I did a round of tapping using the following reminder phrases: yucky taste; yucky cantaloupe aftertaste. For the testing, I took a big bite of cantaloupe. "Yum, not bad," as I continued eating a giant piece of a fresh, juicy, cantaloupe.

In about five minutes, I cleared a food aversion that I have had for over 50 years. Even though I had a sense that something may have happened in my past while I was eating cantaloupe, and even though I couldn't remember exactly what it was, I was still able to clear my resistance to the taste. Now, I can finally enjoy a food that I had eliminated from my diet when I was a child.

No comments: