Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Anyone can Lose Weight--Keeping it Off is the Problem

Anyone can lose weight! Some are more radical than others. Here are a few ways of getting rid of weight (there are literally thousands):

  • drinking diet drinks
  • stuffing yourself and then sticking your finger down your throat
  • practicing being a breatharian
  • eating only "rabbit food"
  • stapling the stomach
  • liposuction
  • following almost any diet

Why these methods often don't work (or if weight is lost, it almost always come back) is that they don't address the core issue with weight control. They don't get to what is under the fat. However, EFT can. If you don't get to your core issue(s)--then your weight comes back.

I have focused on physical pain on the EFT Pain Forum for a year, and found that when a person deals with the emotional issues under the pain, the pain itself can frequently be lessened or even eliminated.

The same is true with weight loss. By releasing the hidden issues, you can let go of the reasons you are fat. Andrea Amador inspired me with the posts that she made on the EFT Weight Loss Forum. Her frank sharing about her struggles and triumphs with losing weight helped me get to my core weight issues. I was scared to say anything on the weight loss forum because I was afraid that I was going to slip back into my old bingeing behavior. I guess eating a half pound of See's Candy could be considered a binge.

So, the same principles apply with diet as with anything else and EFT--getting to the core issue, and Tapping into Universal Energy.

FYI: I have lost 27 pounds and counting.

No comments: