Thursday, December 11, 2008

Angina Pain and Surrogate Tapping


Last night someone posted this on the EFT Forum site (if you haven't been to this site it has lots of good information.

Hello all,

My mother-in-law has got severe angina pain and is admitted to hospital. She will be shifted tomorrow to another hospital for angiography. I have done my basic course on EFT and would like to help her. Please guide me how to proceed and what tapping sentences to use.

Regards,

VJ


Here is my response:

How are you doing with all of this? You want to take care of yourself.

PART 1: First, if I were you, I would tap for myself.

I would tap on my biggest fear, or strongest emotion. For example, Even though:

* I feel terrified that my mother-in-law may die, and I deeply and completely love and accept myself
* I am not quite certain what to do, and I want to make sure that whatever I do that I don't make a mistake...
* I want to help my mother-in-law so much, and I am feeling some uncertainty (use your own words)...


I am just imagining what you may be feeling... If these phrases don't work for you, tap on the emotions that are there for you. When the intensity gets down to around a 3, then start affirming the positive for yourself. Listen to the gifts that your intuition is giving you. Some phrases that you could use:

* I am whole and complete
* I am being guided as what to do and say
* I trust my inner knowing
* I am calm and at peace
* I listen to my heart
* (continue to say positive phrases that come from your heart)


Part 2:
Tapping surrogately for your mother-in-law.

You don't need to wait. I think that you can do a better job after clearing whatever resistance/blocks that you personally have (like I described in Part 1). Something cool about this, is that you don't even have to with her for it to work. If you happen to be with her, and you can look into her eyes and send love her love. If that isn't possible, that is OK, too.

You may want to imagine what happened to cause your mother-in-laws angina pain. Was there a recent big trauma or loss? What has been upsetting to her? Another words, what strong negative emotions may she have experienced recently? Or has she been carrying around some deep sadness. If you don't know her stories, you may want to ask your partner or her partner...

Here is one way to do it. Say something like: Even though I am (say your mother-in-laws name) and I am doing this for my highest good. Now, you are going to be one with your mother-in-law energetically, and make stuff up.

Even though:

* something just happened that caused me severe agina pain (if you have an idea what it was or have a hunch--you can add it here), and I deeply and completely love and accept myself
* I have a deep pain in my heart...
* my heart is trying to give me a message... (if you hear it, you can tap on it)
* (as you are tapping on yourself (for your mother-in-law AS your mother-in-law), pause and listen deeply with your heart--if something comes into your mind/heart--tap on it AS your mother-in-law--in the first person)


Also, remember that we are All Spirit. Be in the moment with this process. Be grateful.

I hope that this helps in some way. VJ, know that you can't do it wrong--trust your own guidance...

No comments: