Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tailbone Pain Disappears After Letting Go of Anger and Resentment Using EFT


Almost every Thursday, I take my three-year-old granddaughter to a toddler’s swimming class. The first thing I noticed when we got to the pool was that “Jenny”, the swimming instructor, was not in the pool like she usually was. She was standing out of the pool and she wasn’t wearing her swimming suit, which was really unusual. I've been taking my granddaughter to these classes for 2 1/2 years, and I have only seen Jenny not in the pool one other time (when she had a bad cold).

Jenny had fallen down five days ago hurting her tailbone and her left hand. She had taken some pain medication earlier in the day. I told her that I thought I could help her to feel better, and if she would like to try some EFT with me, after my granddaughter and I got out of the locker room.
We met Jenny in an activity room of the health club. Jenny wasn’t able to sit down because of her tailbone pain. So, we chatted while standing not paying much attention to the kids climbing under the tables and hopping about as 2 and 3 year olds do.

Jenny explained that the physical pain level right then was only about a 4/10. However, as she explained that she had fallen from a chair, and that her partner didn’t hear her calls, I could see how upset she was about how he treated her. She felt abandoned when he didn’t come, and upset that he scolded her like a child (she is almost 70 years old) when he found out that she had fallen off a chair while trying to reach something. She wanted to feel love from him instead of him acting like a “mean father”.

We tapped on the feelings that came up: anger, frustration, and resentment towards her husband. She asked for so little in life, and she was angry (the intensity was an 8) that he wasn’t able to give her empathy when she asked for it. I could see tears well up in the corners of her eyes, and we kept tapping to get it all out. When the intensity dropped to what I felt was around a 5 I had her argue with herself while tapping, and then affirm positive statements:

.....I want to let this go because this is no longer serving me
.....No, I don’t, I want to mad at him some more
.....Yes, I do want to let this go
.....No, I am not quite sure if I am ready to let this go
.....I choose to let all of this go
.....I am able to go to the calm place that is always within me
.....I am whole and complete
.....I experience the love that is always deep within me
.....I feel relaxed and calm
.....I am in balance

We had chatted and tapped for about 25 minutes oblivious to the kids running around us. She had never heard of EFT before our encounter and tapping. She sat down at the table. She hadn’t been able to sit down for days, and she did it with ease. We cleared the emotional pain, and to her surprise the ache that she had felt where she had fallen on her tailbone was gone.

A small miracle happened today in Ukiah. For Jenny, it wasn’t that small.

No comments: